Live, work and play in the heart of the Kootenays, British Columbia’s mountain playground!
Vista Radio is looking for a News Reporter in our Nelson, BC newsroom. If you have always wanted to live in an area where skiing, hiking, biking, and fishing are all in your back yard, with some of the best powder on some of the most picturesque mountains in British Columbia, and breathe the mountain air every day, this is your next big break!
You're detail-oriented, with a passion for getting it first - and getting it right.
You're comfortable in the council chamber, the courtroom, or the locker room (well, as comfortable as the locker room gets).
You're a team player, a self-starter, and are willing and able to lead by example.
You understand social media, its importance, and its evolving role in the news cycle.
You're comfortable with a variety of platforms and can handle producing content in audio, video, and written forms.
- Be a part of the community
- Executing a local and regionally diverse newscast
- Researching and writing news stories for online and broadcast
- Reading local news, as required
- Managing multiple social media platforms and updating as required during the 24-hour news cycle
- Capable of producing news audio and video
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Superior organizational skills
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
Email your resume to Sheldon Button at email@example.com. Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo, plus examples of your written work, with your resume.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.