Are you a detail-oriented news hound with a passion for getting it first - and getting it right? Are you social media savvy and comfortable in the council chamber, the courtroom, or the locker room? If your answer is yes, then apply to be a News Reporter for 2day FM and MyGrandePrairieNow.com with Vista Radio in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Grande Prairie is one of the youngest cities in Canada, and quickly growing as the fifth largest in Alberta. There is no shortage of news to cover - we just need the right person to dig it up.
If you’re a team player, a self-starter, and willing to learn and lead by example, we want to hear from you. We are looking for the right person to join our experienced and passionate news team.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable producing content in audio, video, and written forms, and understands the importance of social media and its evolving role in the news cycle.
- Become a part of the community
- Research and write daily news stories for online and on-air broadcasts
- Manage multiple social media platforms and update as required during the 24-hour news cycle
- Produce news audio and video
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working full-time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- Valid driver’s license
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
Email your resume to Michael Lumsden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo with your resume.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.