Live, work and play on Vancouver Island, British Columbia!
Work in the best place in the world - the Comox Valley, at the best station in the world, 98.9 Jet FM! We’re looking for our next dare-to-be-great Morning Show Host. The right candidate will be outgoing and ready to dig into the community. You are a morning person with LOADS of energy and creativity and you are passionate about making great, local radio! You get along with everyone and think that working in a team is paradise! You want to meet the public at station promotions and events and you are "Best In Class," when it comes to client remotes. Radio is your life and you are ready to bring it to the Island and you are prepared to be #1.
The Comox Valley is an oceanside community located midway along Vancouver Island’s eastern shore. The natural beauty and community amenities of the area offer an unparalleled lifestyle, including fishing, fine dining, community festivals and parks and trails for all ages and abilities.
What does island life look like? Well it could be skiing at Mt. Washington in the morning and golf in the afternoon, or maybe you’d prefer to go ocean kayaking and then have a lazy afternoon at the beach watching humpback whales and orcas swim past. It’s all right here.
About Vista Radio
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. We're privileged to operate 44 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We are also well connected to our communities with 35 MyTownNow websites.
- Host a morning show from 6am to 10am
- Know how to be a storyteller with creative, compelling local content
- Be a part of the community and make promotional appearances, as required
- Make promotional appearances, as required
- Broadcast live on location sales remotes
- Committing to growth with regular air checks
- Contribute to station social media pages and websites
- Assist with sales/programming by collaborating on creative promotions
- Liaise with clients and being an ambassador for the Radio Station
- Voice tracking additional shifts for other dayparts or stations as required
- Manage scripts and requests to record commercial and promo voice-overs
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum 3 years of radio broadcasting experience
- Self- starter
- Goal oriented and self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- A good "Hallway presence”...we're looking for someone who is going to be able to take direction, be coach-able, and able to blend in with the established team
- The ability to work within a fast paced environment both individually and with a team
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and Enco is an asset
- Familiarity with G Selector an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid audio editing and communication skills
- Strong social media skills
- Ability to relate to the local target audience
- Strong teamwork and collaboration, able to take direction and coaching from leaders and colleagues
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Apply online or Email your resume directly to Kent Schumaker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach an MP3 demo or include a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals