99.3 The GOAT has an immediate opening for an Account Executive, based in Castlegar, British Columbia.
Nestled in the Heart of the Beautiful West Kootenay, the City of Castlegar is centrally located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia within the Selkirk Mountain Range in the West Kootenay. Castlegar is an active city in a beautiful location where the mountains meet and the rivers converge. From river parks to cultural history on display in everything from events to our international Sculpture Walk, Castlegar has much to enjoy in its own right. Outside the City, the West Kootenays is an amazing place to keep busy entertaining yourself. World class ski hills, championship golf courses, superb mountain biking, rivers to fish, pristine lakes to paddle or boat, this region has it all!
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 43 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We are also well connected to our communities with 33 MyTownNow websites.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 250 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and are committed to generating exceptional local radio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and managing communication campaigns that integrate advertising, public relations, sales promotion as well as marketing disciplines to deliver consistent messages across local broadcasting platforms.
- Developing creative sales strategies and proposals for new customers and subsequently, developing ads for client approval and implementation.
- Developing new business; specifically, new revenue streams from unassigned accounts.
- Providing on-going customer support to ensure optimal service levels at all times.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly/quarterly/yearly radio and web revenue targets.
- Managing accounts receivables pertaining to the Account Executive’s accounts.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience as well as knowledge and experience in with commission structured business plans
- Radio sales experience is considered an asset
- Education in sales and marketing preferred; entrepreneurial background welcomed
- Ability to prioritize and work with a high level of initiative, autonomy and self motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills
- Strong computer skills - specifically Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional business customer service and networking skills
- Ability to think conceptually, creatively in an effort to resolve problems and develop unique solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that is based on team & individual effort
- A valid driver’s license and reliable fully insured automobile is required
- Proven track record in business development
Apply online or email your resume and cover letter to Mike Johnstone at email@example.com
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.