Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 43 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We are also well connected to our communities with 33 MyTownNow websites.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 250 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
About the Job:
Vista Radio has an immediate opening for a Morning Show Host on 99.3 Moose FM in Sturgeon Falls, Ontario.
- Host a morning show from 6am to 10am
- Be a part of the community
- Make promotional appearances, as required
- Committing to growth with regular air checks
- Contribute to station social media pages and websites
- Assist with sales/programming by collaborating on creative promotions
- Liaise with clients and being an ambassador for the Radio Station
- Voice tracking additional shifts for other dayparts or stations as required
- Help maintain station clocks and imaging inventory
- Manage scripts and requests to record commercial and promo voice-overs
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Radio broadcasting experience is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid audio editing and communication skills
- Strong social media skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Audition
- Working knowledge of G-Selector or Selector is an asset
- Working knowledge of ENCO DAD is an asset
- Ability to relate to the local target audience
- Strong teamwork and collaboration, able to take direction and coaching from leaders and colleagues
- Ability to remain calm under pressure to meet deadlines and to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Goal oriented and self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach
Apply online or Email your resume directly to Steph Larouche at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach an MP3 demo or include a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals